LEARN (Leading English Education and Resource Network) is a non-profit educational organization with a mandate to serve the English-speaking community of Quebec. Building on the merger of three organizations in July 2005, LEARN has developed a variety of resources and services.
LEARN accomplishes this by offering a wide range of resources and services. These services and resources include elementary and secondary level teaching tools and content; professional learning; community, school and parental support; as well as a full range of online services through the LEARN Virtual Campus.
The Virtual Campus includes online classes for students across the province, personalized tutorials, summer school, as well as customized programs that are developed in concert with schools and school boards.
All of LEARN's efforts are intended to contribute to student retention, academic success and strong English-speaking communities.
We work in partnership with universities, school boards, private schools, organizations, pedagogical consultants, teachers, parents, and students.
We support educators, teachers, and educational leaders by offering improved tools and resources for better teaching practices.
- Online Tutoring
- Summer School
- Blended Online Classes (Real-Time & Self-Paced Learning)
Pedagogical Services Team
- Develop, support, share resources and provide professional learning oppurtunities for educators.
- Develop tools and support the pedagogical integration of educational technologies through our provincial Anglophone RÉCIT network.
Provincial Resource Team
- Support the ongoing development ans success of the Community Learning Centre Iniative (CLC),which includes 85 English language schools/centres across Quebec.
Our Online Resources
Licensed Products (Curio.ca, NFB) *
Success Checker *
Scholastic Bookflix *
* Resources can be accessed through our website by logging in with your username and password or through your school board portal. Resources will appear on your personal learn page.
Board of Directors
The current membership of the Board of Directors for 2017-18
Sylvain Racette, Director General, RSB (Chairman)
Holly Hampson, Executive DIrector, QAIS (Vice-Chair)
To Be Confirmed, Director General, SWLSB
Mike Dubeau, Director General, WQSB
Tom Rhymes, Assistant Director General, LBPSB
Nadia Landry, Director General, LSB
Mike Helm, Assistant Director General, NFSB
Sidney Benudiz, Director General, AJDS
Howard Miller, Director General, ESSB
Stephen Pigeon, Director General, CQSB
Kandy Mackey, Director General, ETSB