Gamification: It’s Not All Fun And Games
Learn what gamification is and how it is so much more than just badges, experience points, and avatars. In this webinar, we’ll provide an introduction to gamification and cover several key elements of a gamified classroom. We’ll also take a look at a model being developed in Quebec General Adult Education that aims to provide students with a visual representation of course goals and milestones, recognizes student achievements + individual strengths, and encourages learners to be active participants in the learning process.
March 22, 2016
Audience : All Teachers, Adult Educators
Presenter Avi Spector is a pedagogical consultant with the Riverside School Board and the RECIT FGA Regional service. With a strong belief that pedagogy should always drive technology in the classroom, Avi helps teachers find relevant and sustainable ways of using technology to enhance learning and develop student competencies.
- Avi Spector's Blog: Beyond the Tools
- Avi's Dropbox folder with documents discussed in the presentation
- Phillip Vinodogrov’s “Gamification and Flipped Instruction: A Winning Combination”
- Quest to Learn School, NY
- Creative Common Badges
- "Reality is Broken” a book about game culture by Jane McGonigal
- Gamification: What are the motivating factors in a typical video game?
- Avi’s Gamification Video for the K12Online Conference
- Rita Pierson: Every Kid Needs a Champion (TED)
- Penny Arcade Extra Credits: Gamifying Education