Unit 25 Career Exploration
The purpose of this unit is to help learners choose a career path that is appropriate for their background, skills and ambitions.
It begins with an article on how to choose the right career.
A comprehensive list of different career options is provided so that learners may consider different careers that are suitable for their values, interests and skills.
Once learners have discovered a potential career option, they are required to explore this specific career in detail (by using the Internet, calling a company or researching at the library). Clear examples of how to make a career choice are provided throughout the unit so that learners can see how one makes informed decisions when choosing a career. The main purpose of these activities is to help learners to narrow their career options and then utilize research skills to find precise information about those options.
(Note: This particular unit pairs nicely with the units Employment Skills and On the Job).
The Unit at a Glance:
- Reflect on and assess personal values, interests and skills.
- Examine a comprehensive list of different career choices (categorized).
- Determine which jobs are best for me (based on personal qualities, skills and training).
- Explore a career in detail and determine if it is the right one.
- Read an article about how to choose a career.
PDF of Student Workbook: Career Exploration
E-learning video-support sections of this unit: