Unit 6 Managing My Money
The purpose of this unit is to equip learners with basic money management skills.
More specifically, it offers some money management basics that will assist learners in creating and balancing a budget.
Activities such as tracking daily expenses, filling out a bank account application and writing a cheque are meant to help learners feel more at ease when dealing with their finances.
This unit provides many opportunities to work on numeracy skills.
(Note: Because of the personal nature of budgeting and finances, some learners may prefer to work with fictional figures.)
The Unit at a Glance:
- Consider his/her values about money.
- Develop personal financial goals.
- Think about ways to track expenses.
- Develop a budget.
- Explore how it works when they visit a bank.
- Practice writing a cheque and balancing a chequebook.
PDF of Student Workbook: Managing My Money
E-learning video-support sections of this unit: