Unit 8 My Health
Health literacy is now considered to play a very important role in literacy education.
While there is a great deal of information that would fall under this category, the purpose of this unit is to equip learners with the basics.
To begin, learners are asked to consider different preventative measures for their health.
Activities in this unit attempt to arm learners with certain health tools that will enable them to both find out about personal health concerns and know how to deal with such concerns at the doctorís office.
Ideally, knowing how to manage health, from exercise and healthy eating to visiting the doctor, will help learners to prevent and deal with sickness ñ both now and in the future.
The Unit at a Glance:
- Think about ways to protect their health.
- Create a personal health record.
- Think about the benefits of exercise.
- Consider how to sneak exercise into their day.
- Make sense of health advice.
- Research a personal health issue or concern.
- Prepare questions for the doctorís office.
PDF of Student Workbook: My Health
E-learning video-support sections of this unit: