LEARN Tutoring provides homework help and tutoring sessions, at no charge, from qualified and experienced teachers. LEARN works in partnership with schools and families to support student success.
Adult online tutoring is available to adult students registered in English-language centres across Quebec at no charge. Both small group and individual sessions tailored to the needs of adult education and vocational training students are offered.
Why sign up?
- A one-on-one real-time tutoring session between student and experienced teacher at no charge.
- Easily accessible from the comfort of your home - all you need is a computer, earphones and internet access.
- Personalized session tailored to your child’s needs so they learn at his or her own pace.
- Learning tools to engage your child: interactive platform, instant messaging, shared whiteboard and shared information and files.
- Schedule online tutoring appointments to fit your schedule.
- Tutors are certified teachers and experts in their field.
- Safe online tutoring.
- A follow up evaluation by email which is sent to your child’s school to track their progress.
Tutoring for Elementary and Secondary Students
Our online tutors are fully qualified Quebec teachers, experienced in tutoring and exam preparation.
We work directly with elementary (gr. 2 and up) and secondary students, and their schools and/or parents to:
• make them comfortable with our easy-to-use platform. Tech support is provided during tutoring times.
• provide regular tutoring or homework help based on an agreed upon appointment or schedule.
• provide regular feedback on student progress.
LEARN Tutoring will be back in the fall. Have a great summer!
How does LEARN online tutoring work?
When students register for tutoring, they are given access to a full-featured online learning platform. Features of this online classroom include multi-way audio, so students can talk with the tutor; chat area, so students can text with the tutor; and interactive whiteboard, so students can draw and write on the board.
Registered students will log in and communicate online with the tutor (type, speak, draw) for help with study and homework.
Most students, who try our service once, come back regularly. It works!
Our tutors, all teachers in schools and centres in Quebec, are available to help students with course work, exam preparation, specific homework questions, or general review and clarification.
Tutoring for Adult Sector - General Education and Vocational Training Students
LEARN's adult online tutoring service provides students in the Adult General Education and Vocational Training sector with:
• A personalized approach
• A flexible schedule
• A team of qualified, professional and experienced tutors
• A virtual classroom setting
Our online tutors are Quebec teachers who have been trained in the use of our online platform and are now ready to help adult learners in the following areas:
• Mathematics (all levels)
• English mother tongue communication skills
• English second language
• French second language
• History Secondary IV
More sessions will be offered as needs are identified. Meet the tutors Go to page
Contact us if you have any questions via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Register for Tutoring
Online Tutoring Choices:
Adult General Education
Vocational Training Registration
LEARN Adult Tutoring Schedule for June - July 2017 Download