LEARN Tutoring provides online homework help and tutoring sessions, at no charge, from qualified and experienced teachers. LEARN works in partnership with schools and families to support student success.
If you are in grades 2 to 11, in an English school in Quebec, LEARN will work with your school and your family to support your academic success.
Tutoring resumes on April 3 and continues until the end of June exams.
Why sign up?
- A one-on-one real-time tutoring session between student and experienced teacher at no charge.
- Easily accessible from the comfort of your home - all you need is a computer, earphones or speakers, and internet access.
- Personalized session tailored to your child’s needs so they learn at his or her own pace.
- Learning tools to engage your child: interactive platform, instant messaging, shared whiteboard and shared information and files.
- Schedule online tutoring appointments to fit your schedule.
- Tutors are certified teachers and experts in their field.
- Safe online tutoring.
- Feedback e-mailed to you and your child’s school to track their progress.
Tutoring for Elementary and Secondary Students
Our online tutors are fully qualified Quebec teachers, experienced in tutoring and exam preparation.
We work directly with elementary (gr. 2 and up) and secondary students, and their schools and/or parents to:
• make them comfortable with our easy-to-use platform. Tech support is provided during tutoring times.
• working with families, provide regular tutoring (after an intial appointment is attended) based on an agreed upon appointment or schedule.
• provide regular feedback on student progress.
How does LEARN online tutoring work?
When students register for tutoring, they are given access to a full-featured online learning platform. Features of this online classroom include multi-way audio, so students can talk with the tutor; chat area, so students can text with the tutor; and interactive whiteboard, so students can draw and write on the board.
Registered students will log in and communicate online with the tutor (type, speak, draw) for help with study and homework.
Most students, who try our service once, come back regularly. It works!
Our tutors, all teachers in schools and centres in Quebec, are available to help students with course work, exam preparation, specific homework questions, or general review and clarification.