LEARN (Leading English Education and Resource Network) is a non-profit educational organization with a mandate to serve the English-speaking community of Quebec. Building on the merger of three organizations in July 2005, LEARN has developed a variety of resources and services.
LEARN accomplishes this by offering a wide range of resources and services at no charge. These services and resources include elementary and secondary level teaching tools and content; professional learning; community, school and parental support; as well as a full range of online services through the LEARN Virtual Campus.
The Virtual Campus includes online classes for students across the province, personalized tutorials, summer school, as well as customized programs that are developed in concert with schools and school boards.
All of LEARN's efforts contribute to student retention, academic success and strong English-speaking communities.
We work in partnership with universities, school boards, private schools, organizations, pedagogical consultants, teachers, parents, and students.
We support educators, teachers, and educational leaders by offering improved tools and resources for better teaching practices.
- Online Tutoring
- Summer School
- Blended Online Classes (Real-Time & Self-Paced Learning)
Pedagogical Services Team
- Develop, support, share resources and provide professional learning oppurtunities for educators.
- Develop tools and support the pedagogical integration of educational technologies through our provincial Anglophone RÉCIT network.
Provincial Resource Team
- Support the ongoing development and success of the Community Learning Centre Iniative (CLC), which includes 85 English language schools/centres across Quebec.
Our Online Resources
Licensed Products (Curio.ca, NFB) *
Success Checker *
Scholastic Bookflix *
LEARNing Landscapes Journal
Open Creative Spaces Initiative
* Resources can be accessed through our website by logging in with your username and password or through your school board portal. Resources will appear on your personal learn page.
Board of Directors
The current membership of the Board of Directors for 2019-20
Stephen Pigeon, Director General, CQSB (President)
Mike Helm, Assistant Director General, NFSB (Vice-President)
Sidney Benudiz, Director General, AJDS
Russell Copeman, Executive Director, QESBA
Mike Dubeau, Director General, WQSB
Frederic Greschner, Assistant Director General, SWLSB
Holly Hampson, Executive DIrector, QAIS
Philip Joycey, Interim Director General, LSB
Sylvain Racette, Director General, RSB
Tom Rhymes, Assistant Director General, LBPSB
Michel Soucy, Director General, ETSB
2019-2020 Year-End Report Download
2018-2019 Year-End Report Download
2017-2018 Year-End Report Download
2016-2017 Year-End Report Download
2015-2016 Year-End Report Download
2014-2015 Update Download
2013-2014 Update Download
2012-2013 Update Download
2011-2012 Update Download
2009-2010 Annual Report Download (English) Download (French)