It’s simple and it’s fun: Linguistic Risk-Taking Passports will be handed out in selected ESL classes. Students will undertake various linguistic risks outside of class.
Rules of Engagement:
Get ready to take some risks!
- Take as many risks as possible from the list in this passport.
- Take the risks in any order you wish.
• You do not need to undertake all the risks listed;
• Most risks can be repeated up to three times.
• Each time you take on a risk, circle the corresponding letter to indicate the level of risk-taking: High (H), Medium (M), Low (L), depending on how you felt after you took the risk.
- You are free to use the white pages provided at the end of the passport to propose additional risks.
- Count the risks you have accomplished. Once you have completed at least 20 risks, including those you have taken more than once, give your passport to your teacher.