Helping My Child
Is it a challenge to help your child with homework? Is your child struggling with some subjects or does he/she want to improve or achieve specific goals or supplement classroom learning? You can help your child succeed in school by accessing a number of key LEARN resources. Check out this section of the site to find out more about our online tutoring service, extra-curricular opportunities, and program information.
Tips on how you can help your child succeed
- Monitor child’s progress - through emails, meetings.
- Build a relationship with your child’s teachers, let them know you want to help and keep in touch.
- Attend school events, assemblies, curriculum nights, parent teacher night.
- Support their learning and celebrate their success.
- Advocate for your child and ensure that they receive all the tools and resources available to them.
- Learn with them and help them grow, be challenged, dream and reach their goals.
- Provide them with a proper homework and learning environment (quiet space with no distractions).
- Encourage your child to be active (such as sports, spend time with friends, join school committees or clubs, help with school play or event) and to be a lifelong learner.
- Volunteer when possible many opportunities available for parents to volunteer such as joining various school committees (Parent Participation Organization (PPO) or Home and School, Governing Board, Parents’ Committee).