Suggest an Explanation
My Ideas: I explain in my own words everything I already know about the object and what I think the main principals at play are.
My Possible Solutions: I explain what I think are its uses.
Planning and Implementing the Process
Materials: I have a chance to manipulate the object
- What are my steps?
- What precautions do I need to take?
- What are the concepts, the laws, the models and the theories at issue in this object (design, fabrication, use)?
- What should I write down?
- I carry out the steps I listed.
- I make changes as needed.
- I note my observations.
Working out explanations and concluding
- I suggest an explanation for my initial question, based on the data collected and on my knowledge.
- I communicate what I have found using the appropriate language and diagrams for the parts, assembly and operation.
- I describe what I learned from this activity.
Reference Poster: 8,5 x 11 11×17
Materials from CDP - Le Centre de devolvement pedagogique
Example: Technological analysis of a stapler (PDF)